- Research Field
- Natural sciences
- Funding Type
- Mobility Incoming
- Career Stage
- 22Established Researcher (R3) (Researchers who have developed a level of independence)
- European Research Programme
- H2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
The position is to conduct research at IDIBELL. Its approach to the disease is comprehensive, combining, all in one organization, prevention, care, specialized training and research. We are a center of reference in Catalonia, both in healthcare quality and in research. IDIBELL provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Immuno-inflammatory Processes and Gene Therapeutics Group, Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Translational Medicine Area. (Dr. Josep M. Aran)
Title: Immunomodulation and autoimmunity.
Autoimmune diseases, which represent an important cause of morbidity and mortality, affect 5-10% of the world population. Our studies are focused in the identification and characterization of novel physiologic molecules with a protective function against dysregulated immune-inflammatory processes leading to autoimmunity. We use in vitro, in vivo and “multiomic” approaches (single-cell RNA sequencing, proteomics, metabolomics) to decipher the molecular mechanisms and the consequences of immunomodulation in innate immune cells, particularly mononuclear phagocytes, in a creative and collaborative atmosphere. At the translational level, we evaluate the suitability of our identified immunomodulators as prospective clinical biomarkers for a variety of inflammatory conditions and analyze its therapeutic potential in animal models of autoimmune diseases.
- Doctoral Degree: The Experienced Researcher must be, at the date of the call deadline (09 September 2020), in possession of a doctoral degree (biochemistry, biology, biomedicine, biotechnology, immunology, pharmacy or equivalent) or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience.
- Standard European Fellowships (ST): must not have resided or carried out the main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months between 9th September 2017 and 9th September 2020.
- Career Restart Panel (CAR) or Reintegration Panel (RI): must not have resided or carried out the main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 36 months between 9th September 2017 and 9th September 2020 between 9th September 2015 and 9th September 2020
- Additional skills and knowledge:
- We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated, organized and talented candidate with strong commitment to translational research and able to team up with a dynamic, young and multidisciplinary research group. Strong communication skills both written and spoken will be acknowledged.
- Fluent English language
- Experience in :
- Experience in animal models and animal facility work. Studies performed with animal models of inflammatory pathologies will be highly valued.
- A background in cell culture, molecular and cell biology techniques and, particularly, immunology, proteomics and/or bioinformatics will be highly considered.
- Previous experience in immune cells profiling and standard immunology techniques is desirable.
- Knowledge of statistical programming environment (R) is a plus.
Highly motivated candidates, please, send complete CV, cover letter and two reference contacts, to email@example.com before June 1st 2020.
- Organisation name
- Organisation Country
- More Information
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.