název organizaceCardiff University
ZEMĚ PŮVODU ORGANIZACEUnited Kingdom
OBLAST VÝZKUMUFormal sciencesHumanitiesNatural sciencesProfessions and applied sciences
STÁDIUM KARIÉRYFirst Stage Researcher (R1) (Up to the point of PhD)
This MPhil project will work with an industrial partner to investigate approaches to activity change detection using mobility data collected from elderly patients in care homes. While useful approaches exist that consider location tracking and activity detection separately, the challenge for this project is in the combined analysis of location tracking data and physical activity data to provide an understanding of individual behaviour and habits.
Working with the industrial partner, we will collect data from a set of deployed sensors within a realistic context and will:
- Create activity maps using the collected location tracks and physical activity data
- Build personalised user profiles using the defined activity maps
- Use existing datasets to evaluate the potential of the developed profiles to contribute to improving healthcare in the elderly.
What is funded
Full UK/EU tuition fees
The KESS2 scholarship will provide a stipend of £11,472 a year for MPhil studentships, (exact figures subject to confirmation.)
Funding is provided to cover items such as research consumables, training and travel to conferences.
You must have obtained, or be about to obtain, a First class or Upper Second class degree in a relevant discipline.
- have a home or work address in the West Wales and the Valleys region at the time of their application for KESS2 funding and their enrolment for the course of study
- have a legal right to live and work in the UK for the duration of the KESS2 support, and the right to take up paid work in the WWV region on completion of the scholarship
- be classified as a ‘home’ or ‘EU’ student.