organizace/společnostSt. Annes University Hospital Brno
OBLAST VÝZKUMUBiological sciences › BiologyMedical sciences › MedicineNeurosciences
PROFIL VÝZKUMNÍKARecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
uzávěrka přihlášek10/12/2018 21:00 - Europe/Athens
MĚSTOCzech Republic › Brno
typ smlouvyTo be defined
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
We are seeking a motivated postdoctoral fellow who will join the team of Dr. Stokin focused on translational neuroscience and ageing (TAP) where he will work on furthering our understanding of the biology and pathology of the axons. The TAP team is part of Centre of Translational Medicine (CTM) at the International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne´s University Hospital in Brno (FNUSA – ICRC).
Work Assignment: 1 FTE (full-time assignment)
The International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne's University Hospital in Brno (FNUSA-ICRC), Czech Republic is a new-generation research center focusing on the pathogenesis of diseases including finding new methods, technologies and medicaments for effective prevention, early diagnostics and individualized treatment.
We are a top Central European research center with more than 200 researchers, new technologies and experience in using EU grant support. We focus on research and development mainly in the fields of cardiovascular and neurological diseases. Our partners are world-class research centers and universities. For more reference, you can see our website: http://www.fnusa-icrc.org/en/
As a researcher, you will:
- Carry out independent research under tutorship of the PI
- Participate in regular internal presentations of performed research
- Coordinate research with other researchers within TAP
- Prepare research presentations and publications
- Engage in research grants in the field of performed research
- Represent TAP within and beyond CTM and FNUSA-ICRC
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- PhD degree in neurosciences, biochemistry or cell biology or similar
- Hand-on experience in biochemistry, cell biology, in particular, relevant to neurosciences
- Knowledge of the research field of neurodegenerative disorders
- Minimum of 3 publications in impact factor journals
- Excellent command of English
- General knowledge of research industry and experience with grant writing is a plus
- Solid communication, organizational and negotiation skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills combined with proactive attitude to finding and interpreting result
- Team-oriented attitude with an ability to cooperate on defined goals
- Working in international multidisciplinary team
- Opportunities for further education and training, mentoring
- 5 weeks of holidays, fixed-term contract
- Possibility of a 1 year Internship in the USA or Australia after 6 months of working in ICRC
How to apply:
You are invited to send your CV in English including the list of publications, cover letter describing motivation and previous research experience and 2 recommendation contacts to: email@example.com.
Application deadline is 10th December 2018. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Please state the title of the position in the subject of your email application.
All received applications will be reviewed carefully, with focus on the excellence of candidates. Shortlisted will be contacted and invited for an interview.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, nationality, political opinion or any other aspect unrelated to work.
By responding to this invitation and/or sending your CV and any other personal materials to St. Anne's University Hospital, you consent to the collection, processing and storage of your personal data in accordance with Act No. 101/2000 Coll., the protection of personal data. You are providing St. Anne's University Hospital with these data solely for the purpose of mediating employment, the period however being no longer than one year from submitting. Should you not reclaim the materials submitted by you, they will be discarded after the period has expired.
identifikační kód EURAXESS: 351732