název organizaceAdam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
ZEMĚ PŮVODU ORGANIZACEPoland
OBLAST VÝZKUMUFormal sciences
STÁDIUM KARIÉRYFirst Stage Researcher (R1) (Up to the point of PhD)
Title of the project: "Influence of pressure on the structural and optical properties of perovskites for fotovoltaic and optoelectronic applications"
Principal Investigator: Prof. Marek Szafrański
The main objective of this research project is to study all aspects of high pressure influence on the structure and physical properties of perovskite materials applicable in solar cells and other optoelectronic devices. We are planning to perform high-pressure experiments for hybrid organic-inorganic metal halides as well as for all-inorganic compounds, which presently belong to the hottest topics in solid-state physics, chemistry and materials science. High pressure is a very efficient and clean way of the crystal structure modifications without any chemical interference. By employing X-ray diffraction on single-crystals squeezed in diamond-anvil cell we expect to obtain precise information on the changes of structural parameters induced by pressure. This data will be correlated with pressure-dependent variations of spectroscopic properties, relevant to the photovoltaic and other optoelectronic parameters.
1. Participation in the synthesis and growing of perovskite materials
2. Single-crystal and powder X-ray diffraction experiments in a diamond anvil cell
3. Spectroscopic experiments (UV-VIS-NIR) under pressure
4. Participation in the data analysis, preparation of publications and conference presentations
What is funded
Two PhD scholarships
1. Motivation letter including preliminary proposal of the research project.
2. CV with documented scientific and other achievements.
3. Copy of MSc diploma with the Diploma Supplement (in the case of two-cycle programs - from first-cycle and second-cycle programs).
4. A letter of recommendation from an academic supervisor.
Application procedure: Please send your application to: email@example.com
Please include in the application the statement:
“ I hereby agree to process and store my personal data by the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań for recruitment purposes".
Selected candidates will be invited to the interview - the date will be communicated individually.
Deadline: January 31, 2020
Position starts: as soon as possible
Duration: 3 years
Stipend: 4000 PLN per month (tax-free)
Eligible countries: EU and overseas participants are eligible
1. MSc degree (or equivalent) in physics, chemistry, materials science or related fields
2. Good background in physical chemistry and crystallography (velcome)
3. Good oral and writing communication in English
4. Participation in a PhD degree program in Physics at Adam Mickiewicz University
5. High motivation to perform experimental studies
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.