organizace/společnostUniversity of Pardubice, Pardubice, Czech Republic
OBLAST VÝZKUMUChemistry › Biochemistry
PROFIL VÝZKUMNÍKAFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
uzávěrka přihlášek14/10/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
MĚSTOCzech Republic › Pardubice
NABÍDKA DATUM ZAHÁJENÍ01/01/2021
REFERENCE NUMBERUPa 2020_04
UNIVERSITY OF PARDUBICE, Faculty of Chemical Technology
is hiring 1 postdoc researcher in the following field:
1 – KA10 – Biological interpretation of lipid concentrations in tumours
The postdoctoral researcher will deal with interpretation of changes in the concentrations of selected lipids encountered in cell lineages, tumorous tissue and body fluids of patients suffering from various types of cancer including pancreatic cancer, kidney cancer, prostate cancer or breast cancer. The concentration of lipids in biological samples will be measured by different measurement techniques involving mass spectrometry, and then validated for quantitative targeted analysis of selected lipids, mainly sphingolipids, phospholipids and glycerolipids. The postdoctoral researcher will be assigned a task to put the identified changes into biological context using metabolic pathways, and formulate and test a hypothesis accounting for the mechanism behind such changes. The researcher will contribute with his or her experience in the study of metabolic pathways and biological interpretation of omic data as well as work with large data sets.
The researcher shall actively participate in a conference, seminar, or workshop organized by the receiving institution at least once in every six months of the mobility. The obligation of active participation / participation in a conference / seminar / workshop, etc. can also be fulfilled by online form due to extraordinary measures related to force majeure. These are extraordinary measures of the Government of the Czech Republic as well as extraordinary measures of the host country, transit countries or the country of residence of the researcher's family.
Objectives and expected benefits
The mast spectrometry team at the Department of Analytical Chemistry will mainly benefit from the stay by expanding its research into biological interpretation of lipodomic data and study of metabolic pathways. The activities of the postdoctoral researcher will follow up on the existing research activities of the Department in the area of lipodomic analysis and search for lipid markers in certain types of cancer. Professor Ing. Michal Holčapek, Ph.D. will be available as a mentor for the postdoctoral researcher throughout the entire stay.
- Ph.D. or its foreign equivalent (ISCED Level 8) awarded not earlier than 7 years before the beginning of the mobility,
- over the past 3 years, the candidate has spent a minimum of 2 continuous years (as of the beginning of the mobility) outside the Czech Republic working as a researcher (with FTE of 0.5 and more) or did Ph.D. studies abroad;
- over the past 3 years the candidate has published a minimum of 2 papers (as of the beginning of the mobility) in journals indexed in Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases.
The winning candidate should not be employed by another university or similar institution as of the commencement date. This requirement may be waived if applied for in the hiring procedure.
Place of work
University of Pardubice, Faculty of Chemical Technology, Studentska 95, 532 10 Pardubice, Czech Republic. The Department of Analytical Chemistry.
What we offer
- 18-month fixed-term employment
- expected commencement date: 1. 1. 2021
- full-time work (8 hours/day, working hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- employee benefits: annual leave, contributions for meals
- friendly environment, induction training
The application must contain:
- Application form filled in (the form is enclosed)
- A copy of university diploma, or a decision on its recognition
- A certificate on a language exam passed during the studies or a statement of the institution from which the candidate graduated - for English language as a minimum
- A list of publications, especially publications in journals indexed in Web of Science.
- A motivation letter including a description of the benefit for the receiving institution.
- A brief description of the existing research
- A list and a brief description of research projects (national and international) in which the candidate participated (including the position)
- Other documents evidencing research activities carried out outside the Czech Republic
- List of international stays and their brief description
- A letter of recommendation of the previous supervisor or the head of the department or team where the candidate worked
All of the documents must be submitted in English. A university diploma or a decision on its recognition and a language exam certificate may also be submitted in Czech or Slovak. If an original of a document is not in Czech, Slovak or English, an official translation into one of these languages is required. An authenticated copy is not required for the purposes of the selection procedure, a printed or an electronic (pdf) one is sufficient.
The application, including the attachments, must be sent by 14th October 2020 electronically to email@example.com or to the following address:
Ing. Libuše Cermanová
University of Pardubice
532 10 Pardubice, Czech Republic
(please state „Neotvírat – výběrové řízení“ (Do not open – selection procedure) on the left side of the envelope).
Timetable of the selection procedure
- Announcement of the call on the website of the University of Pardubice and Euraxess: by 7th October
- Deadline for submitting the required documents: by 14th October
- Evaluation: by 29th October
Notification of the results and their announcement on the website of the University of Pardubice: by 5th November 2020
identifikační kód EURAXESS: 558448
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.