organizace/společnostUniversity of Pardubice, Pardubice, Czech Republic
OBLAST VÝZKUMUChemistry › Organic chemistry
PROFIL VÝZKUMNÍKAFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
uzávěrka přihlášek15/10/2020 21:00 - Europe/Athens
MĚSTOCzech Republic › Pardubice
NABÍDKA DATUM ZAHÁJENÍ01/01/2021
REFERENCE NUMBERUPa 2020_05
UNIVERSITY OF PARDUBICE, Faculty of Chemical Technology
is hiring 1 postdoc researcher in the following field:
1 – KA11 – Fine chemicals synthesis
The postdoctoral researcher will deal with the design, synthesis, isolation, identification and characterization of prepared organic materials (fine chemicals and their intermediates). The postdoctoral researcher may contribute by his or her experience with the synthesis and characterization of precursors and materials, and by evaluating their structure and characteristics using the methods of theoretical chemistry or quantum chemistry calculations. The specific areas include organic synthesis and isolation of fine chemicals, including their basic and advanced characterization.
The researcher shall actively participate in a conference, seminar, or workshop organized by the receiving institution at least once in every six months of the mobility. The obligation of active participation / participation in a conference / seminar / workshop, etc. can also be fulfilled by online form due to extraordinary measures related to force majeure. These are extraordinary measures of the Government of the Czech Republic as well as extraordinary measures of the host country, transit countries or the country of residence of the researcher's family.
Objectives and expected benefits
The Institute of Organic Chemistry and Technology of the Faculty of Chemical Technology of the University of Pardubice will benefit from the enhanced use of modern synthetical methods, theoretical chemistry methods, design of organic molecules for new fields and transfer of relevant knowledge and experience to the receiving department. The activities of the postdoctoral researcher will follow up on the existing research activities of the Department in the area of fine chemicals synthesis, technology, characterization and application. Assoc Prof Aleš Imramovský, Ph.D. will be available as a mentor for the postdoctoral researcher throughout the entire stay.
- Ph.D. or its foreign equivalent (ISCED Level 8) awarded not earlier than 7 years before the beginning of the mobility,
- over the past 3 years, the candidate has spent a minimum of 2 continuous years (as of the beginning of the mobility) outside the Czech Republic working as a researcher (with FTE of 0.5 and more) or did Ph.D. studies abroad;
- over the past 3 years the candidate has published a minimum of 2 papers (as of the beginning of the mobility) in journals indexed in Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases.
The winning candidate should not be employed by another university or similar institution as of the commencement date. This requirement may be waived if applied for in the hiring procedure.
Place of work
University of Pardubice, Faculty of Chemical Technology, Studentska 95, 532 10 Pardubice, Czech Republic, the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Technology.
What we offer
- 18-month fixed-term employment
- expected commencement date: 1. 1. 2021
- full-time work (8 hours/day, working hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- gross monthly salary: CZK 63 500,-
- employee benefits: annual leave, contributions for meals
- friendly environment, induction training
The application must contain:
- Application form filled in (the form is enclosed)
- A copy of university diploma, or a decision on its recognition
- A certificate on a language exam passed during the studies or a statement of the institution from which the candidate graduated - for English language as a minimum
- A list of publications, especially publications in journals indexed in Web of Science.
- A motivation letter including a description of the benefit for the receiving institution.
- A brief description of the existing research
- A list and a brief description of research projects (national and international) in which the candidate participated (including the position)
- Other documents evidencing research activities carried out outside the Czech Republic
- List of international stays and their brief description
- A letter of recommendation of the previous supervisor or the head of the department or team where the candidate worked
All of the documents must be submitted in English. A university diploma or a decision on its recognition and a language exam certificate may also be submitted in Czech or Slovak. If an original of a document is not in Czech, Slovak or English, an official translation into one of these languages is required. An authenticated copy is not required for the purposes of the selection procedure, a printed or an electronic (pdf) one is sufficient.
The application, including the attachments, must be sent by 14th October 2020 electronically to email@example.com or to the following address:
Ing. Libuše Cermanová
University of Pardubice
532 10 Pardubice, Czech Republic
(please state „Neotvírat – výběrové řízení“ (Do not open – selection procedure) on the left side of the envelope).
Timetable of the selection procedure
- Announcement of the call on the website of the University of Pardubice and Euraxess: by 7th October
- Deadline for submitting the required documents: by 14th October
- Evaluation: by 29th October
- Notification of the results and their announcement on the website of the University of Pardubice: by 5th November 2020
identifikační kód EURAXESS: 558452
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.