organizace/společnostUniversity of Pardubice, Pardubice, Czech Republic
OBLAST VÝZKUMUChemistry › Applied chemistry
PROFIL VÝZKUMNÍKAFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
uzávěrka přihlášek14/10/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
MĚSTOCzech Republic › Pardubice
NABÍDKA DATUM ZAHÁJENÍ01/01/2021
REFERENCE NUMBERUPa 2020_06
UNIVERSITY OF PARDUBICE, Faculty of Chemical Technology
is hiring 1 postdoc researcher in the following field:
Modern environmental separation methods (KA13)
The postdoctoral researcher will engage in experimental research into the purification of model and real wastewater in order to identify appropriate conditions for including membrane separation processes into a comprehensive system. The researcher will contribute by his or her experience with the use of pressure-driven membrane separation (mainly nanofiltration and reverse osmosis) and with the evaluation of the membrane structure and characteristics. The project aims at accumulating a bigger amount of both experimental and theoretical knowledge about the general characteristics of membrane processes and the use of membrane separation in purification and disposal of wastewater, which poses a burden for the environment. More specifically, individual sub-processes will be described, studied in detail and captured by mathematical models; the models will be verified and more comprehensive separation systems will be created. Professor Petr Mikulášek, head of the Institute of Environmental and Chemical Engineering of the Faculty of Chemical Technology will be assigned as a mentor throughout the stay.
The researcher shall actively participate in a conference, seminar, or workshop organized by the receiving institution at least once in every six months of the mobility. The obligation of active participation / participation in a conference / seminar / workshop, etc. can also be fulfilled by online form due to extraordinary measures related to force majeure. These are extraordinary measures of the Government of the Czech Republic as well as extraordinary measures of the host country, transit countries or the country of residence of the researcher's family.
Objectives and expected benefits
The Institute of Environmental and Chemical Engineering of the Faculty of Chemical Technology will benefit from the enhanced use of membrane processes in water purification as well as from the transfer of relevant knowledge and experience. The research carried out by the postdoctoral researcher will follow up on the existing research activities of the Institute in the field of wastewater purification and membrane separation processes and their application. The research will be used when introducing membrane separation into existing technologies as a substitute of energy-intensive and environment unfriendly processes as well as into the water treatment processes with the possibility of eliminating hazardous substances.
- Ph.D. or its foreign equivalent (ISCED Level 8) awarded not earlier than 7 years before the beginning of the mobility,
- over the past 3 years, the candidate has spent a minimum of 2 continuous years (as of the beginning of the mobility) outside the Czech Republic working as a researcher (with FTE of 0.5 and more) or did Ph.D. studies abroad;
- over the past 3 years the candidate has published a minimum of 2 papers (as of the beginning of the mobility) in journals indexed in Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases.
The winning candidate should not be employed by another university or similar institution as of the commencement date. This requirement may be waived if applied for in the hiring procedure.
Place of work
University of Pardubice, Faculty of Chemical Technology, Institute of Environmental and Chemical Engineering, Studentska 573, 532 10 Pardubice, Czech Republic.
What we offer
- 18-month fixed-term employment
- expected commencement date: 1st January 2021
- full-time work (8 hours/day, working hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- gross monthly salary: CZK 63 500,-
- employee benefits: annual leave, contributions for meals
- friendly environment, induction training
The application must contain:
- ‐ Application form filled in (the form is enclosed)
- ‐ CV
- A copy of university diploma, or a decision on its recognition
- A certificate on a language exam passed during the studies or a statement of the institution from which the candidate graduated - for English language as a minimum
- A list of publications, especially publications in journals indexed in Web of Science.
- A motivation letter including a description of the benefit for the receiving institution.
- A brief description of the existing research
- A list and a brief description of research projects (national and international) in which the candidate participated (including the position)
- Other documents evidencing research activities carried out outside the Czech Republic
- List of international stays and their brief description
- A letter of recommendation of the previous supervisor or the head of the department or team where the candidate worked
All of the documents must be submitted in English. A university diploma or a decision on its recognition and a language exam certificate may also be submitted in Czech or Slovak. If an original of a document is not in Czech, Slovak or English, an official translation into one of these languages is required. An authenticated copy is not required for the purposes of the selection procedure, a printed or an electronic (pdf) one is sufficient.
The application, including the attachments, must be sent by 14th October 2020 electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address:
Ing. Libuše Cermanová
University of Pardubice
532 10 Pardubice, Czech Republic
(please state „Neotvírat – výběrové řízení“ (Do not open – selection procedure) on the left side of the envelope).
Timetable of the selection procedure
- Announcement of the call on the website of the University of Pardubice and Euraxess: by 7th October
- Deadline for submitting the required documents: by 14th October
- Evaluation: by 29th October
- Notification of the results and their announcement on the website of the University of Pardubice: by 5th November 2020
identifikační kód EURAXESS: 558461
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.