organizace/společnostInstitute of Physics CAS
OBLAST VÝZKUMUBiological sciences › BiodiversityChemistry › Biochemistry
PROFIL VÝZKUMNÍKAFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
uzávěrka přihlášek30/11/2020 23:00 - Europe/London
MĚSTOCzech Republic › Prague
NABÍDKA DATUM ZAHÁJENÍ01/01/2021
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Ano
An inspiring position in biophysics and related fields, working in a multidisciplinary and friendly environment with motivating supervision. You will work with modern and advanced technologies, focusing on cutting-edge research. You will have creative freedom thinking of new solutions and innovations. Principal Investigator of the research group is Dr. Oleg Lunov.
PhD Student’s Benefits
We are open for motivated people that want to learn novel laboratory techniques. We offer international and friendly environment in our team. The laboratory established excellent research facilities. Thus, the student will learn following techniques and methods:
- Conventional confocal and super-resolution live cell imaging
- Cell culturing
- Cytotoxicity studies
- Cell signalling analysis
- Protein function analysis
- Gene editing and expression analysis
Why should you apply?
- Working in an international, creative and highly motivated environment of a newly established research group
- Cutting-edge research topics with high application potential
- Working in a multidisciplinary research team
- A stimulating and friendly supervising and mentoring environment
- Unique research facilities
- Training and development possibilities (seminars, workshops, conferences)
- Soft skills trainings (project management, grants applications, etc.)
- Language courses
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Home office mode
- And more benefits such as Multisport card, meal vouchers, cooperate kindergarten, etc
Terms of employment:
The initial period of employment is 1 year (with the possibility of an extension), starting from November or December 1, 2020 or as otherwise agreed.
Web site for additional job details
požadovaná úroveň vzděláníBiological sciences: Master Degree or equivalentNeurosciences: Master Degree or equivalentChemistry: Master Degree or equivalent
požadované jazykové znalostiENGLISH: ExcellentCZECH: Basic
We are aiming to create a unique interdisciplinary biophysical platform for complex research and cooperation across physics, chemistry, biology, and medicine, serving at the same time as an excellent research centre for education of students.
The research of the laboratory is focused on the effects of materials, structures, interfaces, particles, and physical fields on biological systems as well as the development of new biotechnological concepts.
A growing number of studies has reported that external physical cues (e.g. mechanical forces, electromagnetic fields, nanomaterials, etc.) may have an impact on a broad range of cell behaviours and functions. However, there is lack of studies showing rigorous biochemical investigations into physical cues bioeffects problem.
The ultimate goal of our laboratory is to gain insight the understanding of how physical factors influence the processes that drive cell behaviour and functionality.
2. PhD Student’s Responsibilities and Learning Objectives
We are open for a student to join our team. Our lab is working on exciting new developments and will offer a solid education to interns of all levels, so please apply regardless of your year and experience level.
We offer exciting opportunities for young students to be submerged in very interesting scientific problems of modern biophysics. During the internship period responsibilities of the intern would be devoted to cell culturing, characterization and analysis of cell lines, setting up and conducting experimental work.
PhD Student’s Requirements
- Junior or senior standing pursuing a degree in chemistry, biology, materials science, or a related discipline;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Capability to deliver on project timelines individually or in a team setting;
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
Please feel free to Contact us for more information or to join our team.
identifikační kód EURAXESS: 566422
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.