název organizaceInstitute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases (I2MC), Inserm, Université de Toulouse
ZEMĚ PŮVODU ORGANIZACEFrance
OBLAST VÝZKUMUNatural sciences
STÁDIUM KARIÉRYRecognised Researcher (R2) (PhD holders or equivalent who are not yet fully independent)
- Dr. Laurent Martinez, team leader at the Institute of Metabolic and Cardiovascular Diseases (Inserm / University of Toulouse), invites expressions of interest from excellent post-doctoral researcher to apply or Marie Skłodowska-Curie – Postdoctoral Fellowships (MSCA-PF) scheme with the Inserm as the host organization.
- The project of the LiMitAging team (Lipoprotein and Mitocchondial adaptation in Aging) is to study the relation between some actors of mitochondrial functions and aging, and is driven by the hypothesis that enhancing mitochondrial health and mitochondrial quality-control mechanisms will promote healthy aging.
- The team's research in the field of lipoprotein and mitochondria led to identify original actors associated to lipid and mitochondrial energy metabolism.
- Our objectives are to explore the physiological and pathophysiological roles of those molecular actors that regulate:
- The respiratory chain complex V, also called ATP synthase;
- Autophagy, particularly mitophagy;
- Ectopic ATP synthase and G protein-coupled P2Y receptors signaling pathways
- Team's work has led to the development of original drug candidates and biomarkers that are currently being validated on preclinical models and cohorts, to be used for early detection and resolution of mitochondrial dysfunctions in pre-frail individuals or in population at high risk of cardiometabolic diseases.
- The selected candidate will be invited co-writing a project aiming to explore the regulation and function of the mitochondrial ATP synthase in the aging process by itself and in one specific age-related disease, choosen according to the candidate's expertise.
- Up to 3.5 years: a first 18-month national Fellowship is garantee and will allow to start as soon as October 2021 and to apply twice to the 2-year MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships (Sept. 2021 and Sept 2022 if first application is rejected but has received a score above 70%).
- We are looking for candidates holding a PhD in biology (see eligibility criteria and formal requirements sections)
- Strong academic credentials and previous publications
- Experience with aging biology and cellular senescence
- Experience with mitochondrial metabolism
- Experience with any specific disease or organ dysfunction.
- Personal suitability, good communication and teamwork skills, inventiveness, and a proactive approach, will be emphasized in the evaluation as well as relevant practical experience. The Postdoctoral Fellow will be expected to contribute to an active research community that promotes the personal and professional growth.
- The position places great demands on the applicant’s capacity for independent goal-oriented work, ability to concentrate and attention to detail.
- In return, we offer the opportunity to contribute to the strategic capabilities of a world-class research organization. The Postdoctoral fellow will collaborate with top scientists in your field and have excellent prospects for personal development in an innovative working environment for aspiring researchers.
- Applicants will be assessed on the basis of academic background and results, attainment, and any previous research and development work.
- The MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships provide living allowance covering one to two years' salary, a mobility allowance, as well as research, training and networking costs and overheads for the host institution. The applicants submit proposals for funding jointly with the host organisation (Inserm). The MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowship proposals are evaluated on their research quality, the researcher's future career prospects, and the support offered by the host organisation. All area of health research and technological development are eligible for funding.
Formal requirements for the applicants at the date of the call deadline:
- A doctoral degree (PhD) by the time of the call deadline (Sept. 15, 2021)
- All nationalities
- At the call deadline, the applicant must have a maximum of 8 years full-time equivalent experience in research, measured from the date that the applicant was in a possession of a doctoral degree
- The applicant cannot have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the beneficiary (France) for more than 12 months in the last three years immediately before the call deadline
- Only one proposal per individual researcher may be submitted to the MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships call
- The research proposal is written jointly with the host organisation (LiMitAging Inserm Team)
About the host institute and research environement
- The Institute of Metabolic and Cardiovascular Diseases (I2MC) is recognized for its translational research in the field of metabolic (obesity, diabetes, dyslipidemias) and cardiovascular (thrombosis, atherosclerosis, cardiac and renal failure) diseases.
- Currently, the I2MC is composed of 11 research teams.
- The teams share a similar "research philosophy" consisting in multidisciplinary approaches from basic science to clinical trials. In terms of basic research, the laboratories have a large expertise in membrane and intracellular receptors, cell signaling, metabolic pathways, cell/cell interactions and the mechanisms of tissue remodeling. To establish the pathophysiological relevance of the results obtained in basic research, I2MC teams have created original animal models and phenotyping techniques that have gained national recognition and are one of the highlights of the Institute. Translation to the clinic is greatly facilitated by the location within the Rangueil site of Toulouse University Hospitals. Notably, clinical departments devoted to nutrition, cardiovascular and renal diseases, obesity and diabetes are in close vicinity of I2MC. It helps the involvement of a large number of MD-PhD to the scientific activity of the laboratories. More than 25 clinical research protocols coming from original research obtained by I2MC teams have been performed during the last three years.
- The industrial valorization of the research is another strength of I2MC. Numerous structured collaborations are ongoing with industrial partners, from SMEs to big pharmas. I2MC research directly contributed to the creation of 4 start up companies.
- I2MC offers scientists a diverse set of competence through its 7 core facilities (Lipidomics, Imaging, Bioinformatics, Functional Biochemistry, Cytometry, Histology, Genomics & Transcriptomics). These Facilities are central to the scientific development of I2MC and a major asset in terms of recognition.
The research topic's links to the research environement in Toulouse:
- The LiMitAging team participates in the large regional Inspire program on healthy aging, launched in 2019. The Inspire consortium brings together the Gérontopôle of the Toulouse University Hospital and several research laboratories which have decided to combine their expertise to address key biological components (immunity, inflammation, metabolism, repair mechanisms) present in all organs, essential for their functioning and altered during aging.
How to apply?
- Submit your expression of interest via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org including a single pdf file consisting of:
- Motivation letter including some project ideas (max 1.5 page)
- CV (max 4 pages)
- Deadline for submissions: 21 May 2021.
- Candidates for further interactions will be pre-selected following an internal evaluation. The candidates will be informed of the pre-selection results no more than two weeks after the deadline. All the selected applicants will be supported by the Inserm research services in preparing the final proposals.
- For more information, please contact Laurent.email@example.com
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.