název organizaceInstitute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Sciences
ZEMĚ PŮVODU ORGANIZACEPoland
OBLAST VÝZKUMUNatural sciences
STÁDIUM KARIÉRYRecognised Researcher (R2) (PhD holders or equivalent who are not yet fully independent)
Post-doc is expected to work within the Polish National Science Centre funded project: Coastal Ecosystem functioning under different anthropogenic pressure - linking Benthic communities And biogeochemical Cycling in the southern Baltic Sea (COmEBACk). The main project objective is to study seasonal changes in environmental gradients, further modified by the anthropogenic impacts, influence on benthic communities, their trophic relations and functioning, and related implications for C, N, P fluxes, in the shallow southern Baltic Sea.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate experience and work on the following issues:
- analyze ecological (benthic) and stable isotope data, including work with benthic samples,
- be independent, as well as a part of the group,
- present results of work during seminars and scientific conferences,
- write high quality scientific articles.
- To be considered for this position, the applicant should possess a PhD degree in the area of oceanography, biology, chemistry or related disciplines.
- The candidate should have a good knowledge on the ecology of benthic organisms (community structure, food webs, stable isotopes analysis), pelago-benthic coupling processes and carbon cycling.
- The candidate should have experience in laboratory work including benthic fauna community analysis.
- The candidate should be able to work in an interdisciplinary team, to solve scientific problems and to face new challenges.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English are required.
- Experience with statistical methods in the analysis of ecological and stable isotope data as well as a good command of R will be treated as additional advantage.
What is funded
Candidate will be hired at Institute of Oceanology PAN (post-doc, adjunct) with salary of app. 7700 PLN (app. 6000 PLN after taxes) for 6 months.
Start date: September/October 2021.
The candidates must be within 7 years after their Ph.D. but 18 months extensions are allowed per every child for
women with children.
1) Motivation letter (in English)
2) Detailed CV (in English) with a list of the papers;
3) Copy of the Ph.D. diploma;
4) Three the most important papers authored by the candidate;
5) References from two referees;
6) Interview might be requested (via video call).
7) Consent clause*
*Please attach a signed document with the following consent clause:
I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the Institute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Science pursuant to Article 6 paragraph 1 letter a of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process for the position of PhD scholarship I also declare that I have read the information on the processing of personal data provided by the Institute in accordance with Article 13 GDPR.
(place and date) (signature of the declarant)
INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA:
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.