organizace/společnostCzech University of Life Sciences Prague
OBLAST VÝZKUMUAgricultural sciences › Agricultural products
PROFIL VÝZKUMNÍKARecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
uzávěrka přihlášek31/10/2021 22:00 - Europe/Brussels
MĚSTOCzech Republic › Prague 6
NABÍDKA DATUM ZAHÁJENÍ17/01/2022
Rámcový program EU pro výzkumH2020
Job advertisement for the positions of team members in the ERA Chair research group (two positions)
Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, invites applicants for the position of:
Team members/Junior researchers in Food Technology
Project DRIFT-FOOD, WIDESPREAD-06-2020
We are looking for candidates to the Junior Team Member in the ERA Chair Research Group complying to the level of R2 (Recognised Researcher) or R3 (Established researcher) from both EU and non-EU countries.
We are an ambitious institution and aim at developing significant regional and international strength in Food Technology fully utilising the state of the art facilities recently established through European and National support.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE PROVIDED WITH:
- A full-time position contract (57 months supported by the ERA Chairs grant)
- A competitive salary of € 30,000 gross per year (approx. net salary of € 24,000); Prague benefits from significantly lower cost of living compared with the most of EU capitals)
- Benefits include 40 days of annual leave, flexible working hours, relocation support from CZU welcome centre, supplementary for the pension insurance contributions, meal vouchers, subsidized meals at CZU campus, opportunity of accommodation at CZU campus
- An opportunity to actively compete for/participate in research grants with the possibility to further significantly increase the salary
- An open and independent research environment, with ample opportunities to further build their academic career at the Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources
- Full access to the research infrastructure of the Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources including GC-MS/MS, LC-MS/MS, AAS, ICP, NMR and more
- Access to, and an opportunity to further develop, the newly built Food Technology Centre consisting of medium scale processing facilities of meat, grains, & dairy, and of a range of experimental units (fruit processing, beer production, oil refineries) as well as a sensory testing laboratory
- A substantial budget for training, conference attendance and networking
More information about the DRIFT-FOOD Project can be found on the following links
The ERA Chair holder, Prof. Costas Stathopoulos will commence his activities at the Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources at the turn of January/February 2022. Short bio of the ERA Chair Holder is available here https://driftfood.eu/drift-food-project-knows-its-era-chair-holder/
Official websites of the Czech University of Life Sciences Prague and the Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources:
HOW TO APPLY
Applications including a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae (specifying h-index and including relevant accomplishments), a brief description of current research (no more than two pages), a brief outline of future research plans (no more than two pages) two most representative publications, and the names and contact details of three referees should be sent directly to the Project Coordinator (as a single pdf file) to the email address:
The deadline for submitting the application is 31 October 2021
Czech University of Life Sciences Prague is committed to employment equality (esp. European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers) and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates fulfilling the requirements specified in this announcement.
požadovaná úroveň vzděláníAgricultural sciences: PhD or equivalent
- Holder of PhD title (food science, food technology, food chemistry, biology, agriculture) or its equivalent
- Fluency in written and spoken English (the working language of the Group), good communication and teamwork skills
- Fulfilment of conditions specified in the European Framework for Research Careers for Recognised researcher at the level of R2
DESIRED PROFILE OF APPLICANT:
- Expertise in food technology, food processing, food science
- Publications as the main author / corresponding author / team leader in major international peer-reviewed multidisciplinary/respective field scientific journals
- An active researcher with significant research achievements within the last 4 years in food technology/food processing/food chemistry research
- A track record of achievements in food-technology-related publications
- A track record of participation in international or national research grants
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
- Cooperate with the ERA Chair Holder and other team members on research topics related to food technology. It is anticipated that the appointees will be able to demonstrate expertise in processing aspects of plant/animal food products. Possible areas of expertise include (but are not limited to) cereal, dairy, or meat technology, postharvest technologies, new product development. Familiarity with a range of food processing equipment is expected.
- Publish original results of the research
- Be active (as a participant or coordinator) in competing for, coordinating and implementing international grants, thus contributing to the increase of the competitiveness of the institution
- Participate in the development of the scientific community throughout the whole Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, in particular with a support of academic and technical personnel
- Cooperate with the food technology related departments
identifikační kód EURAXESS: 687447
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.