ORGANISATION NAMECharles University
ORGANISATION COUNTRYCzech Republic
RESEARCH FIELDNatural sciences
CAREER STAGEFirst Stage Researcher (R1) (Up to the point of PhD)
Within research programme Biological Sciences in the Pharmaceutical Research and Development of Drugs and Nutraceuticals (RP1).
VP1_17: Technical worker – a specialist in work with flow cytometer, FTE 1.0 (100%)
- Operating a flow cytometer, sorting cell populations based on fluorescence, cell cultivations,
- technical support to experimental work,
- communication with service organizations and trouble-free operation of separation systems,
- working on key activities of the project.
- At least finished university studies (title at least Bc. - bachelor), active use of English. This can be omitted if the applicant has long (at least 5 years) experience in the instrumental lab,
- time flexibility and willingness to gain new knowledge in cell-cultivation technique.
Other knowledge and skills:
- prerequisites for laboratory work (patience, persistence),
- flexibility, great diligence, thoroughness and responsibility,
- good organizational and communication skills,
- ability to work both independently and in a team,
- highly motivated and hardworking,
- strong willingness to learn new things continuously.
Application must include the following:
- name and surname of the applicant,
- date and place of birth,
- nationality of the applicant,
- place of residence/current address,
- date and signature of an applicant,
- contact information (email, valid phone number).
Candidates are expected to submit following annexes with an application:
- CV including the list of professional skills, past research and job experience,
- professional application letter,
- certified copy of a diploma,
- other documents certifying other required knowledge and expertise,
- consent to use personal information provided for the purposes of the tender within the meaning of the Act no. 101/2000 Coll., on Personal Data Protection, as amended.
The application form and agreement including an acknowledgement about providing personal data are available for download below on this page.
Labour Code (Law No. 262/2006 Coll.) and internal salary structure and regulations of Charles University specify the salary conditions.
The estimated monthly wage: 25 000 CZK.
Place of work: Hradec Králové
The start of work date: 1 May 2019 or can be negotiated.
Type of employment contract: for a fixed period (1 year) with the possibility of prolongation for the duration of the project, ie.31 December 2022.
Full time job (1.0 FTE).
- interesting work in an expert team for advanced research under the leadership of an internationally renowned specialists,
- opportunity collaboration with foreign experts from Europe, USA, Australia, etc.,
- specialized professional development and continuous education in a field with perspective of long-term employment in separation sciences.
- flexible working hours,
- at least 5 weeks paid vacation,
- catering allowance and other benefits,
- FAFÍK – a day nursery that provide care for the employees´ children; the pre-school fees are partly covered by EU grant.
We kindly ask you to send the applications with all the required formalities and attachments by mail or hand-delivered no later than 12:00 pm on 31 March 2019 at the following address:
Charles University, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové
Lenka Cermanová, DiS. – Personnel Department
Akademika Heyrovského 1203
500 05 Hradec Králové 5
Please, clearly mark the envelope “Job Announcement – EFSA-CDN Project – Technical worker VP1”.
We kindly ask you to send your application with all the required requisites and attachments because without them your application is incomplete and cannot be included among other candidates’ applications.
The announcer reserves the right to cancel the job announcement at any time during the course.
Contact person for providing further information concerning the work content:
prof. PharmDr. Petr Pávek, Ph.D. – Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology
Phone: +420 495 067 334
This project NO. CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/16_019/0000841:
Efficiency and safety improvement of current drugs and nutraceuticals: advanced methods – new challenges (EFSA–CDN)
is co-funded by the European Union.