RESEARCH FIELDNatural sciencesProfessions and applied sciences
CAREER STAGEFirst Stage Researcher (R1) (Up to the point of PhD)
Two (2)“Stavros Niarchos Foundation – FORTH Fellowships” for Ph.D. candidates
within the project
ARCHERS: Advancing Young Researchers’ Human Capital in Cutting Edge Technologies in the Preservation of Cultural Heritage and the Tackling of Societal Challenges
Exclusively funded by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
The Institute of Chemical Engineering Sciences (ICE-HT) of the Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH), in the framework of the project ARCHERS, which is funded by an exclusive donation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, is seeking to recruit two (2) Ph.D. candidates. The project aims at reducing or even reversing the brain drain by providing high quality research opportunities to young scientists of Greek origin.
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation – FORTH fellows are expected to perform high quality research within one of the research areas, in which FORTH/ICE-HT excels both on the national and the international level (www.iceht.forth.gr). More specifically, the domains of interest in the present project are the preservation of cultural heritage and the science and innovation in the areas of environment, clean energy and health.
- Modeling, simulation and experimental verification of Electrochemical Impedance Spectra in solid oxide and polymer electrolyte cells for‘power production’/‘energy storage’ applications
- Novel nanostructures for energy storage devices with emphasis on supercapacitors
Eligibility criteria for research areas 1 and 2
- B.Sc. degree in Physical Sciences or Engineering
- M.Sc. degree in Physical Sciences or Engineering
- Good knowledge of Greek and English language
- Already enrolled in a PhD programme
- Experience and activities already developed in the respective research areas
Criteria for Selection for research areas 1 and 2
- Grade Point Average (G.P.A.) of the undergraduate studies
- Grade Point Average (G.P.A.) of the M.Sc. studies
- Publications in high impact peer-review journals
- Participation in scientific conferences
Location: FORTH /ICE-HT, Patras, GREECE
Expected start date: 01/04/2019 for research area 1, 01/05/2019 for research area 2
Duration of appointment: 12 months
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than 28 February, 2019, 23:59 local time (Greece) to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be considered, the application must include:
- Filled-out Application Form (attached)
- Detailed curriculum vitae (CV) of the candidate
- Copies of academic titles/transcripts
- At least one reference letter (optionally, the reference letter could be enclosed in an envelope that must reach Ms. Kleanthi Zacharopoulou at the address: FORTH/ICE-HT, Stadiou Street, Platani, Patras 26504 by the closing date for applications; the closed envelope will be handed to the evaluation committee)
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection
For information and questions regarding the application and selection procedure, candidates are asked to contact Ms. Kleanthi Zacharopoulou (email@example.com, Tel. +30 2610 965 278).
The result of the selection will be announced on the website of FORTH/ICE-HT.
Candidates have the right to appeal the selection decision, by addressing their written objection to the FORTH/ICE-HT secretariat within five (5) days after the result announcement on the web. They also have the right to access (a) the files of the candidates as well as (b) the table of candidates’ scores (ranking of candidates results). All the above information related to the selection procedure will be available at the secretariat of FORTH/ICE-HT in line with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.
General Protection Data Regulation
FORTH is compliant with all legal procedures for the processing of personal data as defined by the Regulation EU/2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data.
FORTH processes the personal data and relevant supporting documents that you have submitted to us. Processing of that data is carried out exclusively for the needs and purposes of this specific call. Such data shall not be transmitted to or communicated to any third party unless required by law.
FORTH retains the above data up to the announcement of the final results of the call, unless further process and reservation is required by law or for purposes of exercise, enforcement, prosecution of certain one’s legitimate legal rights’ as defined in the Regulation EU/2016/679 and/or in national law.
We inform you that under the Regulation EU/2016/679 you have the rights to be informed about your personal data, access to, rectification and erasure, restrictions of process and objection to as provided by applicable regulation and national laws.
We acknowledge also to you, that you have the right to file a complaint to the national Data Protection Authority. For any further information regarding exercise of your personal data protection rights, you may contact the Data Protection Officer at FORTH at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to withdraw your application and consent for the processing of your personal data at any time. We inform you that, in this case, FORTH shall destroy such documents and/or supporting documents submitted and shall delete the related personal data.