ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of West Bohemia
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE04/02/2019 22:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCzech Republic › Pilsen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/04/2019
Director of the New Technologies-Research Centre of the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen (hereinafter referred to as the “Announcer”) announces the opening of a selection procedure for scientific workers for the following positions:
Research focus of the expert team: Computer simulation by the method of molecular dynamics in the area of piezoelectric phenomena and nano-plasticity of materials
The successful candidate will join an internationally collaboration team of scientists in the New Technologies – Research Centre at University of West Bohemia. He or she will contribute to ongoing research projects and have the opportunity to propose, design, and carry out new research efforts within the broader scope of the group's research topics, which focuses on computer simulations of metal plasticity at nanoscale and piezo-electric responses of ceramics. Experience with classical molecular dynamics techniques is particularly valuable.
Description of the work position:
Selected researchers will strengthen an existing top-quality research team of the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen. Their main tasks will be to engage in the activities of the team of experts under the guidance of a mentor and to fulfill tasks specified by the R&D activity plan. Their own scientific work will include publication of R&D results in prestigious foreign impact journals, participation in major conferences, obtaining applied results, involvement in national and international research projects, and organization of the professional life at the workplace (seminars, conferences).
The position can be held only by a candidate working full time for the period of up to 12 months.
Salary proposed: 63 000 CZK (gross monthly wage; workload 1.0 – 40 hours/week)
Expected commencement of work: 1st April 2019
Candidates should send their applications to the attention of:
Ing. Martina Bruštíková, e-mail: email@example.com, phone: +420 735 713 982
Ing. Jan Očenášek, Ph.D., e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: +420 37763 4741.
University of West Bohemia – Section of Vice-Rector for Research and Development, Univerzitní 8, 306 14 Pilsen, Czech Republic.
The application form, together with all the required documents, is to be submitted electronically. If you have any technical questions, please contact the mentor of the relevant position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELComputer science: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- a properly completed Doctoral Study Programme (on topics related with Physics, Mechanics and Materials Science) at university or higher education institution in the Czech Republic or a properly completed similar Study Programme abroad recognized in accordance with Act No. 111/1998 Coll., on Higher Education Institutions and on the Amendment and Supplementation of Other Acts (Higher Education Act), as amended, with the study completion date after 1stNovember 2011,
- the candidate for the position must be a researcher from abroad, i.e. a researcher who has worked outside the Czech Republic for at least two years during the prior three years in the field of research, including at least half work load, or has been a Ph.D. (or similar forms) student abroad; citizens of the Czech Republic are not excluded,
- the candidate must provide at least 2 publication outputs over the last 3 years,
- good knowledge of English (at least at the CAE level or its equivalent),
- experience with research on the research topic of the specialist team.
- experience in the field of Computational mechanics at the nanoscale.
The stated period may be extended because of maternity leave or long-term illness (longer than 90 days), a family member treatment (longer than 90 days), exams preparation, or military service.
Professional publications registered in the database Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus, or Erih Plus as well as such publications as "article", "book", "book chapter", "letter", and "review".
Requested form of a candidate´s application:
- structured curriculum vitae, relevant supporting documents proving the Applicant's activity outside the territory of the Czech Republic to the extent corresponding to the qualification requirements,
- a copy of the documents proving achieved education (Ph.D. diploma or its equivalent),
- copies of documents proving the achieved level of the English language (CAE level or its equivalent),
- full bibliographic data of articles published in impacted journals (please provide, in particular, articles relating to the orientation of the working position, including the impact factor of the journal at the time of their publication),
- complete bibliographic data of works published in proceedings of significant (referred to in WoS or SCOPUS) international conferences relating to the focus of the activity at the listed position,
- overview of research teams (especially international) with whom the Applicant has worked so far, including the projects in which the Applicant was involved,
- overview of collaboration with the application sphere and achieved application outputs.
Note: The reference date for values of impact factors and inclusion of a work in proceedings and/or relevant databases is: 1st November 2018
For detailed information, please refer to https://projekty.zcu.cz/mobility-3.0-homepage.html website.
Deadline for publishing: 4th January 2019
Period for submission of applications is from 4th January 2019 to 4thFebruary 2019.
EURAXESS offer ID: 367889