ORGANISATION/COMPANYGustave Roussy Institut
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/05/2021 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › Ile de France
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE03/05/2021
As part of research studies on metabolism and the gut microbiota, with the purpose to study the effects of the ketogenic diet on metabolism in relation to cancer and the immune system, you will be asked:
• Participate in targeted and non-targeted metabolomic analysis experiments (profiling) of samples obtained from mouse models, as well as from patient cohorts.
• Process and interpret the data obtained by the metabolomics platform, using clinical data provided by collaborators and your knowledge of metabolomic pathways.
• To be able to link results of the metabolomics platform with results of other platforms (transcriptomics, genomics, ELISA, etc.) in order to achieve research objectives.
• Write scientific reports and articles.
• Contribute to the dissemination of scientific knowledge during international congresses.
Type of contract: Fixed-term contract of 2 years, to be available immediately, remuneration to be adjusted according to experience.
As part of our proactive policy in favor of the integration of people with disabilities, all applications received are considered on an equal basis.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESOTHER: Good
-Have the ability to conduct a research project autonomously and efficiently by interacting with team members and with external teams
- Have the ability to supervise a technician or a student (master 2) assigned to the same project
- Know how to solve problems and know how to adapt and / or improve protocols in order to achieve experimental objectives
- Knowing how to adapt to new requirements and methods
-Know how to locate your activity in the team's scientific projects
-Capacity of reflection for the choice of experimental strategies
-Ability to integrate into the team
- Sense of organization
-Strong knowledge and experience in cell biology, preferably on three-dimensional culture systems.
-Knowledge and experience in mass spectrometry would be a strong asset.
-Knowledge of microscopy and spectroscopy would be a plus.
EURAXESS offer ID: 626656
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.