- 16 August 2021 (17:00 CET)
- Research Field
- Formal sciencesProfessions and applied sciences
- Funding Type
- FundingMobility Incoming
- Career Stage
- European Research Programme
- Not funded by an EU programme
To promote research and education in cyber-defence, EPFL, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, and the Cyber-Defence (CYD) Campus have jointly launched the “CYD Fellowships – A Talent Program for Cyber-Defence Research.”
The CYD Fellowships are designed to promote new solutions to major challenges in the fields of security and data science by bringing together basic and applied research, with a particular emphasis on:
- novel technologies for protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of cyber and cyber-physical systems
- privacy-enhancing technologies
- data science and artificial intelligence methods for analysing cyber- and technology-relevant data
- research on vulnerabilities and backdoors in digital systems
CYD fellows will be hosted by a higher education institution in Switzerland and conduct their research at the CYD Campus – a cyber-competence center acting as an anticipation platform.
What is funded
The CYD Doctoral Fellowships will provide a salary and research and conference funds for four years with a possible one-year extension.
- Citizens of any nationality can apply.
- No age restriction apply.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a doctoral program at a Swiss higher education institution and have the endorsement of a professor employed in this institution willing to supervise them when they submit Stage 2 application.
- Applicants may seek the endorsement of a professor employed at a school of applied sciences, but they must provide written confirmation at Stage 2 that they are simultaneously enrolled in a doctoral program at a Swiss university.
- Applicants may request funding for less than four years only if they have already completed the first two years of their doctoral program and the requested funding period coincides with the completion of their PhD thesis.
- Organisation name
- Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne - EPFL
- Organisation Country
- More Information
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.