- Research Field
- Formal sciencesHumanitiesNatural sciencesProfessions and applied sciencesSocial sciences
- Funding Type
- Career Stage
- European Research Programme
- Not funded by an EU programme
A PhD Fellowship fundamental research allows young researchers to prepare a PhD, and to develop into independent scientists with a critical mindset. Fundamental research in the context of a PhD fellowship stands for challenging and innovative research (at PhD level).
What is funded
- Net monthly scholarship amount: minimum € 2,075.90
- Fixed bench fee: € 3,720 per year
Period: 2 years, renewable once, for two more years
- For more details on the eligibility criteria, consult the regulations PhD fellowship fundamental research.
- You are affiliated to a university in the Flemish Community, to the Evangelic Protestant Faculty in Leuven or the Faculty for Protestant Theology in Brussels
- At the start of the fellowship, candidates must be holder of a diploma at least equivalent to a master's degree following a bachelor's degree and awarded by the competent institutions in one of the countries of the European Economic Area or Switzerland*.
*You can have your certificate, awarded outside EEA and Switzerland, recognized by NARIC, as being equivalent to a specific Flemish master degree.
*For this call, for diplomas awarded in the UK, the same conditions apply as for diplomas awarded in the EEA and Switzerland.
- The master degree or equivalent diploma must have been obtained not earlier than 3 years before the closing date of the call.
- On 1 March 2021 (application submission deadline) you have 18 months scientific seniority at most.
- Organisation name
- Research Foundation - Flanders (FWO)
- Organisation Country
- More Information
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.